The 31 Day Challenge – Day 6 is “Violet Nails”!
Violet and purple are also quite rare colours in my polish shelf as well as the colour green (post about my green polish situation). I only have two truly “purple” polishes, so I added some cherry pink polishes to create a gradation effect and hand painted the flowers with pale pink acrylic paint.
Here is the mini tutorial of for these violet flower nails!
- Apply lavender colour nail polish on the index, middle and pinky fingers. (How to apply Nail Polish)
- Apply pink and purple polish (OPI B68 & B87) onto a makeup sponge and apply onto the nail to create a gradation effect.
- Repeat step 3 with pink and purple glitter polish (china glaze 80224 & 70891).
- Clean up around the nails with nail polish remover.
- Apply a small amount of top coat onto the base of the nail.
- Place rhinestones and bullion beads. (How to Place Rhinestones and Bullion Beads)
- On the thumb and ring fingers, apply purple nail polish (OPI B87 & china glaze 70891).
- Draw some vines with purple acrylic paint. (How to Hand Paint)
- Mix pale pink and magenta and draw some flowers on top. Apply top coat to complete.
That’s all for today! Thank you for visiting!!