What you need for Hand Painted Nail Art
Nail Art Course
If you would like to watch a tutorial video, click here for my Nail Art Course.
Getting the right consistency
First, let’s get familiar with the right paint to water ratio.
- Squeeze a small amount of acrylic paint onto a sheet of foil or a paper palette.
- Pick some water with a paint brush and drop the water onto the paint. Mix well until the paint becomes smooth.
- Try drawing a line on the polished nail.
- If the paint is thick and creates streaks in the line, add some more water.
- If the line has a jagged look or even breaks up, the paint is too thin. Add more paint.
Drawing with various brushes
- Start drawing from the background design first. Pick some yellow paint with a long brush.
- Draw random lines with light pressure so that the brush hair doesn’t spread.
- Draw some flowers with a small brush and white paint. Start with a small dot, and then gradually shape it into a petal shape.
- Add some dots with a dotting tool. Apply onto the nail lightly to avoid digging into the nail polish underneath.
- Add the finer designs with a very small brush.
- Allow the paints to dry and apply top coat to complete.
- Make sure to rinse the brush well before the paint gets dry. To avoid damaging the brushes do NOT use nail polish remover to clean them.