The theme of The 31 Day Challenge Day 4 is “Green Nails”! When I look at my nail polish shelves, it is obvious that green is not my favourite colour. I have only one really “green” nail polish (which I don’t like that much lol) and four similar shades of mint green (almost blue) polishes. So I decided to rely on my acrylic paints to add some actual green onto my nails!
Here is the mini tutorial to show you how I made these sea turtle nails! I hope you like it.
- On the index, middle and pinky fingers, randomly apply a mint colour nail polish (OPI – NL B44).
- Add random tear drop shapes with pale blue acrylic paint. (How to Hand Paint)
- Switch to an aqua colour, and add another shape which looks like a water marble design.
- Keep adding the shapes.
- Switch between the colours to create a unique design for each finger.
- Add some lines of yellow glitter polish along the tear drop shapes with the dotting tool.
- Apply a thin coat of mint nail polish. Allow it to dry. (How to Apply Nail Polish)
- Combine three different colours of nail polish with a piece of plastic wrap, and then dab onto the nail to create an easy marble effect.
- Hand paint the water effect with white acrylic paint.
- Start drawing the turtles. Draw the head and then draw a straight line downwards.
- Draw the outlines of the shell.
- Add the legs. Apply top coat to complete.
Are any of you participating in this challenge?? It’s pretty hard… but I think this is a great opportunity to experiment with new techniques using lots of different colours!! This is fun!!
Thank you for visiting!! <3xxx