This is my entry for the food nail art contest (details in this post)! I showed you the quick process of how I made the individual food parts in yesterday’s post. Today, I’m going to show you how I assembled them onto the nails!
– 3D Food Nail Art Part 3 –
- This is how they look at the start. They’re just the pieces of acrylic, sitting firmly onto a stick of Blu Tack (sticky adhesive putty).
- I used acrylic paint to add colours to them. Now they look more like tuna sashimi, cherry tomatoes and some lettuce leaves!
- Add a loose ball of acrylic mixture in to an acrylic bowl which I made with clear acrylics and a large pearl stone. Stick the leaves into the loose mixture.
- Add tomatoes while the mixture is still soft. A bowl of salad is completed!
- The slices of salami pieces that I made were too big, so I cut around the edges to make them smaller.
- Place them onto the pizza base using a small ball of acrylic mixture as an adhesive.
- Apply a thick coat of top coat and place it onto the nail. I used acrylic mixture to stick.
This is a sushi boat that I made with white acrylic mixture, and then I coated with gold nail polish.
<A Sushi Boat>
- Place rice balls (white acrylic) which are going to be the bottom part of the sushi.
- Place sushi tops using a small amount of acrylic mixture as an adhesive.
- Complete the boat by placing sashimi, lemon, a leaf and a prawn!
This is how I assembled all my miniature foods! It may look difficult to do, but it’s actually not that hard and fun to do!!
There are more food nail art designs at Good Enough to Eat Nail Art Contest hosted by Nail Polish Addiction! They’re all so cute and mouthwatering, hehehe! so check them out! 😀
Thank you so much for reading all three posts! If you haven’t yet, here are the links!
3D Food Nail Art Part 1 and 3D Food Nail Art Part 2
Amazing work, as always!
You do amazing work! Please follow i am a newbie at nail blogging. http://glamovision.blogspot.com/
Now that’s dedication! Truly awesome work!
I am always super impressed with your acrylics. They are absolutely adorable.
You are very talented
You are incredible Minnie! I can’t believe you can make such tiny little things and make them look real!
Incredible =] Your simply brilliant!
Hello again! Just thought id let you know that i’v tagged you to do the google game =] I hope you’l like it =]
Ooh~!! Thank you soooo much~<3 I feel so lucky that you think so!!
Thank you so very much!! I’m following you too and I love your nail art;D
Hehe, thank you very much!! I can’t stop once I started;p
Thank you very much~<3 I’m so happy that you like my acrylic works;p Do you do nails too??
Thank you for visiting!!
>>The Nail Buff
Aaaww~!! Thank you so very muchXD It was so fun to make small foods like them;p
Ooh~! Thank you sooo much!! Your Google game sounds so fun!! I have to do this asap;p Thank you for tagging me~<3
oh my…this is really CUTE!!!!the salmon looks so real <3
Great nails, great photos. Thank you!
Minni I went searching for EZ Flow acrylics …. but there are so many! Polymer, Competitors series (which I am not!), Advance system (total noob here), Monomer so confused >_< Back when I used acrylic there was only one kind LOL So pleaseeeeeeeeeeee HELP ME!!!! o.- heehe OOOO also what do you have under the little food items, is it clay? or something like it? I so wana make that cup of coffee!!! >_< and sushi >_< hehe
I am sooo impressed with your creativity!!! How do you work with such tiny miniature food?? they look too real! and i would believe they are edible if you tell me so!!! I definitely vote for you!!
Thank you very much!! I’m glad that you think the salmon look real;p Thank you for visiting!
Thank you sooo much!! Thank you for visiting<3
Oohh~, thank you very much!! I’m not a good photographer so I’m glad you think my photos are good;p Thank you sooo very much for always giving me sweet comments<3
HahahaXD Calm down sweetieXD Okay, the acrylic powder is called “polymer”, and the liquid is called “monomer”. You need both to make acrylic nails or 3D parts(such as my miniature foods). You don’t need competition powders(hardens quicker than normal powder) or HD(advanced)system powders to make 3D parts. I hope it makes sense;D
>>Silence is Loud
HeheheXD I wouldn’t recommend you to eat themXD It took me a while to make them, but it wasn’t that difficult to do which helped me a lot;p And THANK YOU SOOOOOO VERY MUCH FOR VOTING FOR ME~!!!! You’re sooooo sweet and kind~<3 Thank you Thank you, THANK YOOOOUUUU~~~~~!!!
Haha, so cute! xD Seeing all that tiny food makes me always hungry… :’D It looks so real and detailed! 😀