This is my NOTD – The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland (animated ver.). I used much stronger shades of pink and purple than his original colours in the movie.
I found that it is important to draw his eyes as close together as you can. Otherwise he would end up looking like a dodgy old guy smiling at you…as you can see on my right hand!! Hahaha
Okay, please take a look at the mini tutorial for this design of Cheshire Cat Nails!!
- Apply 2 coats of hot pink polish (OPI – NL B68) on all nails. (How to apply nail polish?)
- Place a few strips of scotch tape on all nails except for the middle fingers.
- Apply purple polish (OPI – NL B87) and remove the tape to create stripes.
- Start drawing the Cheshire Cat on the middle fingers. Draw the nose in the middle of the nail with black paint.
- Add the eyes and eyebrows.
- Add the mouth and whiskers.
- Fill the mouth with white paint and draw black lines to create the teeth.
- Fill the nose with pink paint. Add nostrils with black paint.
- Fill the eyes with yellow paint and add black dots inside. (How to do Hand Paint?)
Hehe, it’s nice to enjoy an afternoon tea with him :p
It is a little bit too early but this nail art might be nice for Halloween? What do you think??
Thank you for visiting!!