Today is the first day of THE 31 DAY CHALLENGE and the theme was “Red Nails”. I wasn’t sure if I could only use shades of red polish to do the nail art, or I can do anything as long as I use the colour red in the design somewhere. So I decided to do a design mainly with red.
When I see the girly red colour, the first thing that comes to my mind is…Minnie Mouse!! I think she is the symbol of perfect girliness (serious face).
Anyway, enough rambling! Here is the step by step Minnie Mouse Nail Art tutorial.
- Create a french look on the index fingers, middle fingers and pinkies with OPI NL F19. (How to do French Nails)
- Draw a line along the smile line with OPI NL E78 and the skinny side of the dotting tool.
- Apply some polka dots on the french with white acrylic paint.
- On the ring finger, draw Minnie Mouse hand with dark grey acrylic paint (black + a little bit of white).
- Fill the inside of the hand leaving a thin outline of dark grey. Apply polka dots as well.
- Once step 5 is dry, apply three lines on the hand.
- Draw the outline of the bow with black acrylic paint. (How to do Hand Paint)
- Apply polka dots everywhere even on the bow outline.
- Draw the outline back on. Apply top coat to complete!
I’m relieved that the first day is passed safely…phew! I hope I can continue on tomorrow as well!!
Thank you very much for visiting!! <3