This is my Despicable Me Agnes nails with a couple of sweet ballet themed nail polishes!! I made this design for the November nail art challenge on Instagram, yes it’s December now!! lol Unfortunately I didn’t make it in time. I hope I can do better this month!
For this nail art, I combined two of the challenge themes – “inspired by the name of a nail polish” and “movie nails”. So I decided to use Ballet Slippers (Essie) and Pirouette (Picture Polish) and a hand painted ballerina Agnes and a Minion 😀
Okay! This is the mini tutorial of this design!!
- Apply pale pink nail polish on all nails. (Ballet Slippers – Essie)
- *Thumb & Pinkie* Draw a heart shape with gold glitter polish. (My Favorite Ornament – OPI)
- Add pink and fuchsia polish on top. (Pirouette and Shocked – Picture Polish)
- *Ring & Middle* Draw the outline of a Minion and Agnes with black acrylic paint.
- Fill the bodies and clothes with white acrylic paint.
- Add pink acrylic paint to the clothes and Agnes’s body (make a pale pink by mixing with white).
- Add yellow acrylic paint to the Minion’s body. Draw the facial details with black acrylic paint.
- Draw their eyes.
- Add fuchsia nail polish on their clothes with a dotting tool. Apply top coat to complete.
This Pirouette from Picture Polish is a greyish pink with rainbow foil specks. I thought it was a more pale and softer shade when I saw it on some other blogs and Instagram. It’s beautiful but it’s a little bit too dark for me and I was having trouble finding its use. So the theme of this mani was perfect! ;D Oh well, it happens once in a while when the majority of my shopping experiences are done over the internet.
Have you experienced something like this before?
Thank you so much for your visit!! <3 xxx