Can you believe that I now have over 10,000 followers on Instagram?!! Yaay!! It actually happened on the 8th of March and I created this design straight away, but my poor scheduling skills managed to put off posting it for more than a month. Finally, I can show how SUPER HAPPY I am to hit this big milestone!!
To celebrate this special moment, I had to paint Mickey and Minnie, as they are my absolute favourite characters on Earth! It took over 3 hours to complete though, because they’re super bloody hard to draw. So, I only have a few photos that I took while I was designing instead of a tutorial, sorry!
- Apply 2 to 3 coats of Bright White (piCture pOlish)
- Draw a rough outline with black acrylic paint
- Fill Mickey & Minnie’s face (white + red + brown)
- Fill all the white parts (leaving thin black lines around the edges)
- Start adding colours. You can minimise the waste of acrylic paint by using the same colour across all the nails at the same time.
- Fill the empty spaces with colourful flowers and that’s it! Apply Gloss On Top! (piCture pOlish) to seal
I was very impressed how well the Gloss On Top! top coat protected the design. These photos were taken on the next day because I ran out of daylight by taking so long to complete. And of course, having a shower and doing all that stuff afterwards, but I can not see any smudges or scratches! Maybe a little bit of acrylic paint around the free edge is gone, but it’s really minor. How awesome!
Lastly, I can’t thank you enough for following me (that includes my Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and my blog!). I’m slow and I post only a couple times a week, but whenever it happens there are always so many likes and such sweet comments. And that makes me so happy all day and gives me such great power to keep going! So thank you ever so much for finding me and supporting me. You guys are THE BEST!!!!