There are only a few more days to Christmas! Have you decided which nail art design you’re going to wear? I think I’m settled on these dry marble Christmas tree nails!
I always thought Dry Marble/Nail Polish Marbling would make the nails too thick and never dries before smudging them. But I really wanted a marbled tree design and decided to give it a try, and guess what? It wasn’t too bad!
I’ll let you know about a couple of key tips for the dry marble technique after the mini tutorial of the day!! Hope you like it 🙂
- Apply 2 or 3 thick coats of white nail polish (Alpine Snow – OPI). Don’t allow it to dry!
- Immediately apply three lines of mint green nail polish with a medium size dotting tool. (Aquadelic – china glaze)
- Quickly drag the surface of the wet nail polish with a tooth pick. Allow the nail polish to settle.
- Add gold and pink dots with a small size dotting tool. (My Favorite Ornament – OPI, shocked – piCture pOlish)
- Add a star shaped spangle at the top. Apply top coat to complete.
A few lessons I’ve learnt from doing this design were:
- Drag only the surface of the nail polish – do not let the tooth pick touch the actual nail.
- Drag as fast as you can – this will create nice straight marbling lines.
- Allow the nails to dry for about 30 mins after top coat application.
You may not need the half an hour drying time if you had a fast drying top coat (I wish I had one!!!). 🙂
I hope you are all prepared and excited for this Christmas break!! Please have a wonderful time with your friends and family…<3
Thank you for visiting!! <3 xxxx