The theme of the day was “Inspired By A Colour“, so I did butterfly nail art inspired by the gorgeous blue of the morpho butterflies.
Butterflies are beautiful, but it’s almost impossible to create their colours!! I was sponging and sponging … trying to make a nice blue gradation, but then it ended up more like a field of grass alongside the sky with a few clouds floating around.
I think the purple ones look less like fields though. Anyway, at least I enjoyed making this design! Let’s move onto the mini tutorial of the day!
- Apply light blue nail polish on all nails. And then cover the surrounding skin with scotch tape.
- Apply dark blue nail polish onto a top corner with a piece of makeup sponge.
- Draw a soft blue line using a corner of the sponge.
- Add the accent colours, green and purple in this design, onto the free edge. (What is Free Edge?)
- Draw a soft white line with a small piece of sponge.
- Clean up the skin with nail polish remover.
- Draw some dots over the white line with white acrylic paint. (How to Hand Paint)
- Draw thin lines with dark blue acrylic paint (blue + black).
- Add small arches in between the lines, and then add some white dots on top of the arches.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Thank you for visiting!! <3xxx