Today’s theme was “Nail Art Inspired by an Art Work”, and this is my ballet nail art inspired by a French artist Edgar Degas.
I drew a ballerina from one of his paintings on my thumb, and the ballet costumes from a variety of famous ballet stories.
Here is a quick mini tutorial of the day!
- Apply two or three coats of a sheer pink nail polish on all nails.
- Start drawing a tutu with acrylic paint. Draw a round shape covering the whole free edge. (What is Free Edge)
- Draw feather-like lines from the centre towards the outside with lighter colour acrylic paint and a dry brush.
- Draw the details with a darker colour.
- Add lighter colours to the details to complete.
- On the thumb, fill the half moon area with light brown acrylic paint.
- Paint the background with a green colour and draw a rough design of a ballerina.
- Add the details to the ballerina to complete.
I’ve been in love with Edgar’s paintings since I visited his gallery event when I was in high school 🙂
This is a little freaky, but he passed away on 27th of September 1917 which happens to be today!!! Well, it was almost 100 years ago, but I didn’t know about this until now and honestly I’m a little freaked out!!
Anyways!! Thank you so very much for visiting!! <3xxxx