What you need
- Nail Glue
- French Nail Tips (Half Well)
- Dappen Dish with Acrylic Liquid
- Acrylic Powder (Clear/Pink)
- Cotton Buds
- Paper Towel
- Tip Cutter
- Acrylic Nail Brush
Please read through Safety Precautions for Acrylic Nails before you start.
French Tip Nails
- Choose a tip that matches the size of each fingernail. Make sure the Contact Zone of the tip covers the whole width of the nail.
- <Optional Step> If you prefer the smile line to be a little deeper, you can adjust it by filing down the smile line. Always file in one direction and remove the burr edge with a sponge buffer or a thin C curve stick wrapped with a layer of an emery board.
- Buff the surface of the tips with a file or a sponge buffer. This will make it easier for the acrylic to adhere to the tip.
- Follow Nail Preparation to prepare your natural nails.
- Apply a small amount of nail glue onto the contact zone. The key is to apply less glue to the middle and more on the top ends.
- Apply the nail tip onto the nail by slowly sliding down. Hold at the perfect spot. Keep holding down firmly, focusing on the centre of the tip to remove any air bubbles. Once the tip is set in the spot, hold the sides firmly.
- Wipe off the excess glue with cotton buds.
- Repeat Steps 5 to 8 on the other fingernails.
- Cut the nail tips to the length you like. Make sure to hold the tip end to prevent the loose tip from flying away. Or simply cut in a plastic bag.
- Soak the brush in the acrylic liquid and stroke the entire nail. This will prevent air bubbles from occurring around the smile line.
- Apply a ball of clear acrylic mixture onto the free edge. Tap to spread over the nail tip evenly. Straighten the edges.
- Apply the 2nd ball of mixture onto the middle of the nail plate. Blend into the natural nail and stroke towards the free edge.
- Place the 3rd ball close to the cuticle line. Spread to the sides without touching the skin. Stroke the nail to make the surface smooth.
- Once the nail is hard enough, apply pressure from the sides to make the nail straight and to create a nice C curve on the free edge.
- Repeat Steps 11 to 16 on the rest of the nails.
- Follow Filing & Buffing to complete.