What you need
Please read through Safety Precautions for Acrylic Nails before you start.
Acrylic Nail Filing & Buffing Procedure
- It is recommended to stroke the edges of the nail files. This will remove the sharp corners, especially when using brand new files.
- File the free edge to adjust the length of the nails using a 180 grit file. The lengths you see from the palm side should be the same or similar. Watch the angle of the file.
- Straighten under both sides of the free edge. Gently move the file in the direction of the blue arrow. Be careful not to file the skin.
- Pull the skin down on the side and file the side wall in the direction of the blue arrow. File the other side in the same way.
- Change to a 240 grit file and gently file the surface of the nail. Follow the direction of the pink arrows first and then follow the blue arrows.
- Change to a 220 – 280 grit sponge buffer (use 220 grit side) and buff the surface in the same way. Always buff in one direction and do not rub too hard.
- Buff the entire nail evenly with a 280 grit buffer. You can buff sideways from this point.
- Remove dust and wash hands thoroughly. Towel dry. Or use the nail brush and a bowl of water.
- Buff with a shiner. Use the rough side first and then finish with the smooth side. Wash the hands and dry again. Apply cuticle oil around the cuticle to compete Acrylic Nail Filing & Buffing.