Perfect Acrylic Mixture consistency is the biggest key to mastering acrylic nail extensions.
Acrylic Mixture Consistency
What you need
Please read through Safety Precautions for Acrylic Nails before you start.
Good Acrylic Mixture Consistency
- Gently tap the acrylic powder container to create a slope on the surface of powder. This will make it easy to pick up the mixture.
- Pour the acrylic liquid into a dappen dish. An orangewood stick will be useful if the bottle doesn’t have a spout.
- Dip the brush into the acrylic liquid and let it absorb enough liquid. Stroke against the dappen dish to remove any excess liquid.
- Lightly press the surface of acrylic powder with one side of the brush for 1 second to pick the acrylic powder. Same with the round brush. There is no need to rotate the brush.
- This wet acrylic ball is called Acrylic Mixture. The mixture looks bumpy at the beginning and then it becomes smooth like a jelly bean in 3 to 5 seconds.
- The mixture can turn out too dry or too wet depending on the amount of liquid in the brush. If this happens wipe it on paper towel to discard and pick a new mixture.
- If the mixture turns out just a little bit too soft, lightly place the brush onto a paper towel to remove the excess liquid.
- Practice to be able to pick mixtures in different sizes.
- It is important to wipe the brush on a paper towel in between each pick to keep both the brush and liquid clean.
- Absorb the leftover liquid with paper towel pieces and put them in a rubbish bag. Do not drain in the sink.
Next step in Acrylic Nails – Extensions