What you need for Toenail Filing
*Please avoid using a metal file as it can damage the nail.
Manicure & Pedicure Course
If you would like to watch a tutorial video, click here for my Manicure & Pedicure Course.
How to File Toenails – Technique
- Hold the emery board lightly between your thumb and index finger. Don’t grasp it.
- Keep the emery board at a 90 degree angle at all times.
- Start filing the Free Edge of the nail in one direction. Do not file backwards and forwards. Filing under the free edge can lead to ingrown toenails.
- Continue filing to make the perfect length shown below.
- Remove dust with a dust brush or a piece of gauze.